A fresh new year means change is in the air. For many resellers, this is a prime time to re-evaluate your monthly, quarterly, or yearly goals, or even completely rebrand your business. If you’ve been thinking of doing the latter, we’re here to help! Read on for considerations and steps toward rebranding your business in the new year.
Why rebrand your business
Before you rebrand your business entirely, think about your “why.” Are you working towards a new goal? Has the inventory you’re currently selling or thinking about selling changed? Do you want to appeal to a different audience? If the answer to these questions is no, you might not need a refresh. Instead, you may need to re-evaluate your marketing strategy. It could be as simple as creating a social media presence (if you don’t have one already) or starting something new like filming unboxings on YouTube. However, if the answer to these questions is yes, it’s time to make a rebranding plan!
How to make a plan
Like anything in your business, it’s essential to plan out your process and a realistic timeline. You should consider the following:
- Brand identity: create a logo, tagline, and username that’s true to who you are and what you offer
- Customer base: decide if you want to attract new, different customers or maintain your existing buyers
- Social media presence: update all your social media channels with new branding, or start building a digital presence if you haven’t yet
- Introductions: plan a creative announcement for your new, updated business so people know who you are after the transition
What to anticipate
Be prepared for any questions and potential roadblocks that may arise. You’ll likely get questions from existing customers to ask where your “old business” went and to confirm if you’re the seller behind the new rebrand. You might even get introductory questions from new buyers about who you are and what your business is about. Also, it’s normal to experience a slowdown in your sales while you focus on rebranding, so make sure you’re financially prepared and capable of juggling your current customers. Keep these points in mind as you’re developing your business plan, and you’ll be better off when it’s time to relaunch!
Now it’s time to hear from an expert! We spoke with Chris Schatz, The New Jersey Picker, about the recent rebranding of his business. Check out our latest BULQ Breakdown as he shares tips to help you prepare for a successful relaunch after rebranding your business in the new year.
Check out these posts for more reselling tips and tutorials:
- Marketing Tips: How To Grow Your Reselling Business
- How to Create a Compelling Unboxing Video
- How to Stand Out from the Competition
Follow BULQ on social media for additional tips, reseller stories, and more: