Spring has almost sprung! Time for resellers to turn the clocks forward, tuck away the sweaters, and pay attention to spring 2021 reselling trends.
Though COVID-19 is stopping some of our typical spring plans, that doesn’t mean style trends and fashion statements will be put on pause. Spring shoppers will be here before you know it, searching for seasonal apparel, home decor, and even sports and outdoor items for much-needed fun. That means it’s up to you to source these items and prepare for buyer demand before spring hits.
So, which products will your customers be searching for? Read on to find out the season’s hottest sourcing trends.
Spring 2021 Reselling Trends by Category
Apparel & Accessories
In the Apparel & Accessories category, these stand out as popular items to consider in your sourcing and listing strategies:
- Time to get out of the TRENCHES by sourcing stylish trench coats! According to Harper’s Bazaar, this classic item is designed differently from your ordinary trench, adding a little flair and street style to a timeless masterpiece. Classic and versatile, you can wear it with your dressy clothes or casual pandemic fits. Head on over now to your local thrift store, favorite fashion boutique or online store to stock up on this classic style.
- Bold prints and florals are continuing their rise in popularity. Florals symbolize new beginnings, and as we leave the daunting winter behind, adding a pop of color is precisely what we all need. Playful prints can set the mood for the day, adding confidence to any look and personality. Source these bold looks to attract a broader audience who may be interested in switching it up this season.
- Don’t forget to source accessories! Taking us back to the ’50s and ’60s, headscarves are making their way into closets, adding pizzazz to any look. Stock up on this vintage accessory to help stylish buyers channel their inner Audrey Hepburn.
Home & Garden
As the season changes, Home & Garden needs will blossom along with it. Springtime activity planning will be at the forefront, and your buyers will be on the hunt for the proper inventory at an incredible price. Let’s make sure you’re prepared:
- Outdoor furniture and accessories are always a big necessity this time of year. As the weather gets warmer during the pandemic, most springtime events will be spent at home in our own backyards. That means activities such as grilling and picnics will have customers searching for outdoor furniture and patio decor. Consider marketing to younger families since many of these shoppers are starting their outside spaces from scratch.
- Mother’s Day is the perfect occasion to market trendy home decor products. Consider sourcing items such as contemporary throw pillows and blankets, planters or vases, and even seasonal springtime favorites like candles and farmhouse wall decor. These items take the guesswork out of gifting, and your buyers will be looking for the perfect gift to make her smile.
- Gearing up ahead of Memorial Day fun, pool inflatables and floaties are great to source this time of year. Family shoppers love summer pool toys, so stay a step ahead and market these items early!
- Storage and home improvement tools are also big-time seasonal sellers. As consumers binge-watch home organization shows, they’ll likely be motivated to replenish their cleaning and storage supplies for indoor and outdoor organization. But, don’t limit yourself to storage alone – power equipment like lawnmowers, chainsaws, and weed whackers can be just as essential.
General Merchandise is a category that can easily be overlooked. However, there are plenty of hidden gems that your customers are sure to love:
- With spring comes a new season of sports, creating an increased demand for sports equipment and memorabilia. When basketball players hit the courts, it’s the perfect time to stock up on sports team apparel and accessories that appeal to a broader base of fans.
- Outdoor activities that allow for social distancing such as camping, hiking, and water sports will likely popular this spring. Consider sourcing tents, water bottles, backpacks, flashlights, and cooking supplies to meet active customers’ demands. Shoppers often seek these out during the summer, so stock up on these items to encourage repeat customers.
- Don’t forget summer observances and holidays! Be sure you’re stocked up on swimwear for all ages, beachwear, backyard pool toys, and even board games. As people prepare for Memorial Day and spring break, they may have to get a bit creative with their activities!
Those are spring 2021 reselling trends we’ve been tracking to help your business blossom. If there are any items that traditionally do well for you in the springtime that we missed, let us know in the comments below!
If you’ve found these spring sourcing tips helpful, you might want to consider ways to stand out from the competition during a time when it could be fiercer than ever!