Spring has almost sprung! Time to turn the clocks forward, put away the sweaters and, for resellers, put that spring sourcing plan into action.
From sports memorabilia, to cleaning supplies, and even bathing suits, spring shoppers will be looking for seasonal items before you know it. That means it’s up to you to source these products and meet buyers’ demands before the season hits.
So, how can you figure out which products your customers will be searching for? That’s where we can help! Read on to learn about some of the season’s hottest sourcing trends.
Spring 2020 Trends by Category
Apparel & Accessories
In the Apparel & Accessories category, there are some hot trends that you may want to consider in your sourcing and listing strategies:
- Time to get reinVESTed in vests! According to Marie Claire, this retro garment is making a comeback as the ultimate layering piece. Both formal and casual styles will be in-demand, so check out thrift stores and vintage shops for one-of-a-kind inventory that can appeal to fashion-forward shoppers.
- Leather is continuing its rise in popularity, making up everything from jackets and skirts to dresses and pants. This includes vegan and faux leather, so source a range of leather-like apparel to meet the needs of a wider audience.
- Don’t forget to accessorize! White frame and flat top sunglasses are set to be big this season for both men and women, as well as colorful statement jewelry.
Home & Garden
Home & Garden needs focus on outdoor activities, spring cleaning, and giving your home a fresh start. Demand consistently spikes around a handful of subcategories:
- Outdoor furniture and accessories are always a huge necessity this time of year. As the weather starts to improve, more customers will be rushing to furnish their backyards and patios with seasonally appropriate decor. Families will soon be grilling and hosting outdoor cookouts to celebrate the warm weather. Consider marketing to younger families, as many of these shoppers are looking to grow their furniture and decor collection.
- Mother’s Day is the perfect holiday to market trendy home decor products. Consumers will be looking for brands that cater to to stylish, yet affordable, home decor.
- Pool equipment, like inflatables and floaties, are also great to source this time of year. Family shoppers love summer pool toys, so stay a step ahead and market these items early!
- Storage and home improvement tools are also big this time of year. As consumers read about home clean-out strategies, they’ll likely look to replenish their supplies for both in and outdoor organization. But don’t limit yourself to storage alone- power equipment, such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, and weed whackers, can be just as essential.
There are also a few categories of General Merchandise products that are worth considering.
- With spring comes a new season of sports, creating an increased demand for equipment and memorabilia. Especially as March Madness approaches, there’s no better time to stock up on sports team apparel and accessories to appeal to a wide base of fans.
- Outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and water sports are also big spring favorites, so consider sourcing tents, water bottles, backpacks, flashlights, and cooking supplies to meet the demands of active customers. Shoppers often seek these out throughout the summer, so stock up on these items to encourage repeat customers.
- Don’t forget spring observances and holidays. From younger shoppers planning spring break getaways, to families preparing for Memorial Day weekend, demand for beach and swimwear will be on the rise.
So there you have it: your sourcing tips for spring 2020. Sellers, are there items that traditionally do well for you in springtime? Let us know in the comments!