What are shoppers planning to buy for the holidays? What motivates them to convert? Check out our holiday reselling infographic for the answers to these questions and more. And for even more advice on making 2017 your best holiday season yet, download our Online Holiday Selling Guide!
Having trouble reading holiday reselling infographic? Here’s the data you need to know:
Insights to help you prepare for the season of reselling
How Consumers Are Shopping
- 75% of holiday shoppers say they check a merchant’s return policy before making a purchase.
- 52% were open to buying from new websites they haven’t visited before.
When Consumers Are Shopping
- 45% of consumers began researching holiday gifts in October.
- 36% of consumers started holiday shopping in November.
- 27% of consumers started holiday shopping the first two weeks of December.
- 12.4% of all ecommerce spending happened during Cyber 5 (Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday).
What Motivates Holiday Shoppers
- Half of surveyed shoppers were motivated to purchase by a limited-time offer.
- Nearly half of all consumers expect free shipping.
What Are Holiday Shoppers Buying
- $743: The amount the average consumer expects to spend during Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend
- 14: The average number of gifts shoppers purchase
- Top holiday gift categories are clothing & accessories, electronics, entertainment, and toys.
How Can Sellers Take Advantage
- Start sourcing giftable products early in the season
- List products well before Thanksgiving
- Promote limited-time sales to create urgency
- Offer attractive returns policies for the holidays
- Advertise free and expedited shipping options
- Focus on top holiday categories and your best-sellers