With COVID-19 keeping everyone at home, sourcing inventory for online reselling might be a little trickier. Brick-and-mortar retailers, flea markets, garage sales, and thrift stores are all shutting their doors, making those awesome finds harder to come by. And with 82% of resellers reporting slower sales since the outbreak, you might be working with a limited budget, too.
But, did you know there are ways to source high-quality reselling inventory without leaving home? These methods can save both time and money, which you can put right back into your business. Better yet, they may even help you tackle some other chores around the house (you’ll see in a minute).
So, put on your comfy clothes and grab a spot on the couch– let’s discuss three low/no cost ways to source reselling inventory from home.
Sourcing Items You Already Own
If you’ve been looking for motivation to clean out, here it is! Going through items in your house is a great way to source FREE reselling inventory.
While clothing and accessories are a great place to start, don’t limit yourself to your closet. Especially now, buyers are seeking items to keep themselves entertained. A few best sellers on eBay include games, movies, and puzzles. Do you have dumbbells or home gym equipment that’s been gathering dust? Fitness items are also in HUGE demand right now, so if you’re not using them, make them available to someone who will!
Since these products are already on hand, you can list them immediately to generate a quick profit. Just be sure to examine each item for flaws or defects, and be upfront in your photos and descriptions about wear and tear.
As with fulfilling any orders during COVID-19, thoroughly clean all products before shipping them out. Wash clothes on the hottest setting that won’t damage the items. Clean all hard items with disinfectant wipes or sprays, and let the disinfectant air dry for maximum effect.
Sourcing from Online Retailers
Just because retailers’ physical doors are closed doesn’t mean they’re not open online. In fact, many popular brands are running huge sales to move excess inventory from their warehouses and storefronts.
When deciding which retailers to source from, there are a few things to consider:
- Item demand: Are buyers actively seeking out this item?
- Price per item: Is the average price you’re paying per item relatively low compared to what you think you can sell them for?
- Item multiples: Are you able to source several of the same item at once to reduce your listing time?
- Brand recognition: Are the items from a well-known or in-demand brand that buyers are willing to pay for?
Sourcing from Wholesale Liquidators
Okay, you probably saw this one coming. But, sourcing items in bulk is one of the easiest ways to get lots of high-quality inventory for a low cost.
Wholesale liquidators like BULQ partner with retailers to put their excess or returned inventory in the hands of resellers. We take the excess inventory, organize it by category and condition, and box it up so people can buy and resell inventory online for a profit.
So, why choose BULQ over other liquidators? Well, there’s a few reasons:
- Easy To Use: BULQ makes finding, purchasing, and receiving inventory quick and convenient. Order online and have inventory delivered right to your doorstep. And with both desktop and mobile options (available for Android and iOS), you can source anytime, anywhere.
- Dedicated Support: If an issue arises, our Customer Care Team is there to help. Available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), chat and phone, we’ve got your back for questions both big and small.
- Honest Reliability: With guaranteed 98% manifest accuracy, our customers can feel confident in getting exactly what they expect- quality inventory at a great price. Our easy, full-service shipping also means resellers can count on the careful handling of their order every step of the way.
We get that trying something new can be scary. That’s why we encourage new customers to start small. For your first BULQ purchase, try sourcing a New case in a category you know well. We even have cases available for under $100!
So, what are you waiting for? Great, low cost inventory is available right at your fingertips- you just need to grab it.